Friday, January 11, 2008

Two Hillarys Pass Each Other in the Night

I guess I belong to the “I’m no fan of the Clintons, but” school, because I find this op-ed borderline insane. On the wrong side of the border. At least Bill Kristol smiles when he hates.

Speaking of whom, this is one Hillary that is not coming back from the dead. Not Sir Edmund’s fault at all, but I’m old enough to remember Norgay being seen as some sort of Tonto to his Lone Ranger*. The photo accompanying the article seems to say, not so.

And somebody is going to resurrect the old charge with regard to her recollection of how she got her name.

* There’s a great Gary Larsen cartoon featuring the Lone Ranger in his old age.

2 comments:

MTC said...

Okumura-san:

How much more insane the op-ed becomes when one finds out that Dowd was not in New Hampshire, not even in North America (dateline notwithstanding) when she filed it, describing the scene at places she had never been and conversations with persons she had never met:

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/horsesmouth/2008/01/dowds.php

Jun Okumura said...

Thanks. This entier episode illustrates perfectly my beef against anecdotal journalism. Would that the rumors that Barbara Ehrenbach was beinng groomed to take over Ms. Dowd. Now there's a body who can really write.

Oddly though, NYT's explanation reminded me of "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." Everything seems to boil down to definitions.